Monday, June 22, 2009

22,000 is the loneliest number

It's so hot in this apartment I just might die.

It would probably be better if I wasn't sitting next to this increasingly hot computer. #timetobuyafan

The last few days have been a bit of a time warp, tilt a whirl, yay fun & adventure. It's nice to catch up with old friends, especially the ones where you don't seem to skip a beat, not a one.

However, I was reading Who's Your City while standing in the nearby bookstore and I learned a somewhat alarming statistic. I've always said that Toronto seems to be filled with fabulous single ladies, and I just don't seem to know as many amazing single men. And so it turns out there are 22,000 more single women than men in this city. No wonder! I'm not a killer or one of those die-hard go-getters and I just don't have the energy to battle through it all.

SO. Toronto is the worst city I could be living in, in that respect. Obviously, it is amazing for my career and it's close to my friends and family. And there are a million things to do and I do quite enjoy it. But, I just might have to enjoy it alone. Well, alone with 21,999 other ladies. ; )

So, where should a bright and lovely single woman be living?

1. Calgary
2. Ottawa
3. Victoria
4. Edmonton
5. Guelph

Maybe I should take a little tour. Well, I am going to Calgary next week (unrelated!!! promise!).

Maybe the city of Toronto needs to change its advertising campaign to something like... "Single! Women! Everywhere!"

Or not.

xo. night!

3 comments:

Question Mark said...

Wait, I'm in a city with 22,000 single women and I STILL can't get a date? FML

Phronk said...

That's it, I'm moving to Toronto.

For the purely altruistic reason of alleviating the imbalance and making those 22000 poor single ladies feel better. Obviously.

sarah said...

That statistic cannot be accurate!! Seriously??