Sunday, June 28, 2009

my grandparents are comedians

Even though I'm spent, I don't want to forget the little gems that I heard when visiting my grandparents tonight.

She gave us each a slice of cake, and when I asked him "como dicia 'cake'" (I totally can't spell in Italian), he said "cake?", I said "yes, cake!" and he said "What do you think? It's a same-a thing. You think we had the cake in the old country!? Ma, gah geez!"

My sister tells her that my birthday is coming up in two weeks. (Note: my grandparents have a farm.) She says "Oh, I know! Lori's a birthday is when the beans are ready!"

There is a mole digging up holes in my grandparents' front lawn. He says "Ma, what am I a gonna do with this? I try to get'him with the shovel, but I can't! Whaddya gonna do?"

That's only three. If my sister remembers the others, I'll post them, too. Oh, and my grandparents both tried on my sunglasses. They looked super cute.

haha. And I wonder how I became so wonderfully crazy. ; )

xo <3

No comments: