Saturday, June 13, 2009

the emo side of life

I wake up lonely / and go to bed the same way

Today was one of those days where I was surrounded my friends but felt very alone. Do you know the feeling? (Hayden does.)

Sometimes I think that I've become a really amazing listener, but I don't feel like I have anyone to really listen to me. Well, about the things at the heart of it all. Like hopes and dreams and fears and genuine concerns. It's weird to be missing that kind of connection. And it's a little bit terrifying.

And I know that I do have friends who are there and would listen if I asked... but I don't really want to ask, you know?

(I miss it so much that it downright hurts.)

2 comments:

Phronk said...

I know that feeling. There's a little Hayden in all of us.

Why don't you just go down to the grocery store and meet someone you'll adore?

(does anyone actually meet people in grocery stores? I never do.)

lori said...

haha. You know what's amazing about your comment?

To prepare for my trip to France (for a wedding), my French teacher made me practise how to talk about meeting someone. And it began with Lori and Paul meeting in a grocery store.

I still don't know any boys named Paul.