Friday, May 15, 2009

long weekend heyyyy hey hey

Actually, I'm not a cottage type of girl or a camping type of person or whatever other kind of Torontonian lives fully for those long weekends.


Maybe it's because I grew up in the country(ish) and never required a weekend escape from pedestrians and traffic. And now maybe it's because I've never seemed to become friends with anyone who could lead me on the road to sweet weekend escapes.

* * *

Last night I looked up an old friend and she was working in PR. Then I had this terrible dream that I worked in PR. I quit my current job and on my first day at this new, foreign place I totally freaked out and was like "what the heck did I just do? I miss my old job! It was awesome!" And I woke up so relieved and it made me realize I'm in pretty good place and it was a very good feeling.

* * *

This week was nice and lovely but perhaps somewhat uneventful in the way that I didn't have very many "OH MY GOD" stories for my friend at Saturday morning brunch. Instead, it was more or less a "OH MY GOD, listen to this book I'm reading - can you believe what's going on?!" And she was all like "Listen to this LIFE I'm living - can you believe these boys and what's going on!?" And I was like, OH. Look at the difference in our lives.

* * *

A * * * break may not have been needed because I still want to talk about the book because it wasn't a book I'd normally pick up and I was a little offended that my other friend thought I'd like it. Why? Because it was a full-out ROMANCE novel with a kitten on the cover (I don't even like those things). But after seeing her again last night I gave in and started & finished it before writing this post. Hrmph. Maybe I should listen to my psychic (ha "my" psychic, like we have regular appointments set up. But, no, we don't), and put pen to paper (well, that's like the olden days) and start writing something that isn't work-related. Maybe.

* * *

I am listening to Peter Doherty. I really like it, and it's a sound I brought back with me after my trip (I seem to be very influenced by boys & their taste in music, maybe because it reminds me of that kind of feeling that slips away so quickly). Anyways, the point of bringing up this soundtrack was to say that it will not help me complete the required task at hand (reorganize apartment / make it presentable). Instead it makes me want to sit on the couch and stare at the rain and romanticize the day and hope for mini miracles.

No comments: