Friday, October 17, 2008

Listening to Lykee Li again


I was at a reunion of sorts with old/current friends. We joked about our first year in residence, and thought about the first impressions we made. When it was my turn, everyone said "patchouli!" because I wore a hemp necklace and might have burned incense. Ha. And I had that Body Shop lotion that actually had patchouli and ylang ylang in it. 0 : )

I had five martinis. And then, as our real-world selves grew tired just thinking about another work day, I remembered last night's movie... and how wonderfully it showed Anne Hathaway's character at the wedding. One moment she would be dancing and laughing and feeling so free, and the next she'd be still, quiet, contemplative, and waiting to feel another rush of energy. I think we all feel that way sometimes.

It's been seven years since I was a young & hopeful small-town girl. And while a part of me misses that (or whatever bits I've since lost), one of the things I miss the most is one of my old, but great, friendships. Maybe it's something we can work out again someday.

xo. lori.

No comments: