Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm not sure what this one's about


My last trip to Montreal involved a camera and a crazy plan partly inspired by a random blog and partly by a random conversation with an ex-coworker/lasting friend. We discussed the sadness of seeing perfectly cute boys (er, men) on the street and having no real reason to talk to them... so we devised a plan which is too convoluted for me to explain here. I can tell you about it if we're friends in real life. Just ask next time there's an awkward silence or a desperate need for a subject change.

So while in Montreal I took photos of cute boys. It was prefaced with some sugary sweet line about me taking pictures of the prettiest things in the city (and yes, I'm 26 years-old). They were all very flattered and it was a fun little experiment (the online album's named "Mantreal"), except it turns out that while at Osheaga, one of the guys couldn't hear me well and must have thought I was taking his photo for a legit reason... and it turns out
Sarah knows him! And he's from Toronto and she tags him on Facebook and he is probably like, what?

But it doesn't really matter save for the fact that now I kind of like
the music and just wrote about the band for next week's LFP column. So maybe it was for a legitimate reason. Or maybe I'm just writing this post and wasting time while I wait for my laundry to dry, after watching The Dears' concert and before needing to wake up at an evil hour to drive home in time for family, shopping and turkey (in that order).

Happy weekend. xo. lori.


No comments: