Wednesday, October 28, 2009

chicklets

Remember those? They were one of my favourite things to collect in my trick-or-treat bag.

These days, I'm more focused on reading books by female authors (NOT THE SAME AS CHICK LIT). OK, woah, got that?

Except I don't want to tell you the titles of said books because they sound exactly like what I said they're not. I've read two in the past four days, but think that it's doing them an injustice to lump them into that category. I learned a little bit from them, I felt good reading them, and I think that they show that the world is not so picture-perfect, neat & tidy, oh-so sweet all the time.

Today I couldn't wait until lunch so that I could read another chapter. And I couldn't wait to get home so I could read some more. My dad once told me he used to read all the time. And then he realized that he became so consumed by the stories that he couldn't do anything else. And so he just had to quit.

I think I got my father's self-restraint.

No comments: