Tuesday, October 13, 2009

call waiting

OK. Obviously my phone doesn't look like this. But it's kind of similar. See, it's not being used. It's not ringing and it's not receiving text messages either (OK, to be fair, this one can't). But. My. Phone. Is. Not. Ringing.

Well, that's not entirely true. My friends are calling. My family's calling, too. But I'm taking them for granted right now and focusing on the one person who is not picking up his/her phone. (OK, who are we kidding? It's a "he", obvy.)

So now I'm a little bit distracted (boys can compartmentalize; girls, not so much), a little bit frustrated (at myself for being distracted) and a little bit hopeful (in that cautiously-optimistic, bracing-myself-for-a-potential-letdown kind of way, right?).

2 comments:

Phronk said...

Boys can compartmentalize? I think someone forgot to tell my penis to grant me that ability.

lori said...

OH! I forgot about that (maybe that's why he didn't call right away?). ;)