Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Set it up

There has been a common theme running through the last week of my life. Here are a few things that come to mind:

1. My friend messages me to tell me about her dream. Apparently, we meet up and I have a 'significant other' with me -- and he's cute! And then she tells me about another dream in which I have a Polish fiance whose last name starts with the letter K. She also tells me that her dreams always come true.*

2. My sister e-mails me to tell me that she thought she found the perfect guy for me. The only commonality she included in her message was that he worked in media (my guess is that he was/is also funny). Anyways, she just said, if only you could get over your height complex it could work. But then she added that she looked at his hand and saw that he was married.**

3. My coworker who I didn't think loved me all that much spoke to me at our holiday party avec her petit ami. She told me that when I started I was so quiet that she wondered why our company would hire someone like me. I guess she maybe changed her mind, because then she talked about how she wanted to set me up with her boyfriend's brother because we would be just perfect for each other.***

4. Today in the dealer's car (as in the car dealership drive-me-home-while-you-fix-my-car program), the guy next to me asked if he could ask for my opinion on something. Interestingly enough, it involved an ad campaign directed at my demographic and he wanted feedback regarding his design. I don't know how much I liked the ad's concept, which maybe wasn't his fault. Anyways, this turned into a getting-to-know-you-until-we-eventually-part conversation.****

There are a couple other instances that follow this same thread (all within the last week) but I need to start writing for money now (and this post already has more stars than the American flag).*****

* This is the same friend who, in grade school, dreamt that she was kidnapped by a wolf and had to marry him.
** She did end her message by saying "And that's my useless story for the day."
*** Her boyfriend tried to get a few words in that sounded something like "I don't know how available he is these days..."
**** He might have blushed when I told him that, funnily enough, I'm employed as a copywriter.
***** Cross your fingers and hope that I'm inspired today. Oh, and thanks for reading. : )

2 comments:

Phronk said...

So wait, did the wolf dream come true?

lori said...

hahaha. I doubt her husband thinks so.