Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why aren't you married yet?


My best hometown girlfriends are married. One, two, three -- and scene. So now little miss Lori is the only one without a ring, and she's OK with that, save for the fact that people like to point it out. Oh, how heavenly. 

At Saturday's wedding my cousins tried to set me up with my wedding partner. He was actually tall, cute and we got along well. He laughed at all of my jokes, plus my idiosyncrasies (and not in a mean way). A fellow bridesmaid even said we were like an old married couple (but it was in a good way! We shared cake so we could try more than one flavour). 

Anyways, so what was the problem? I don't know. Maybe I was wrapped up in the romance of a wedding. Maybe I wasn't entirely sure. Maybe I spoiled things when he asked me to dance and I'd already told a co-bridesmaid I'd go to the bathroom with her. I think I may have offended him because our night kind of ended there.

While wedding speeches can be more of the same thing, I still love them when they're about my close friends and family (and this weekend, it was both!). And the line that stuck out was this.... "life isn't about luck. It's about making good choices."

So, starting today, it's good choices all the way.

xo 

No comments: