Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I don't know, y'know?


It just started to rain. And now it's done. It lasted all of 20 seconds -- not quite long enough to wash away this indifference. Well, it's indifference and it's not. I'm getting to the place where I'm feeling the need to quote the Strokes. Is this it?

A job? Check. An apartment? Check. Friends and family? Check, check. Yes, yes, yes, yes. But whenever I stop to think about things too much, whenever it's not crazy busy (I miss being crazy busy), I have time to think about what's next. You probably do it too. It's the first time in my life where I don't really know what I'm working towards. I don't know what's next, but not in a thrilling way. Not in the way I imagined it'd be.

And it was only two months ago that everything was changing. And it all seemed so wonderful. And some of it is, and some of it faded away. And somehow I didn't get everything that I wanted.

But it's raining again. That must mean I'll feel better soon.

No comments: