Sunday, September 20, 2009

One thing at a time...


How often do you let yourself focus on one thing? Not multi-task between work, email and Twitter. Not watch TV will Gchatting with friends. Not cook while talking on the phone. Not blog while listening to music. Not read while thinking about... anything else.

I'm listening to Patrick Watson right now, and what I really want to do is just... listen. It's pretty and perfect, and I would appeciate it even more if I gave it my full attention.

But at the same time, I do need to floss, brush my teeth & complete all those other pre-bed activities.

Maybe another time, Patrick.

xo - lori

1 comment:

Phronk said...

It's true. I don't think I've done the opposite of multi-tasking (single-tasking?) in years.

I remember the days when people used to pop a CD in and listen to it, or sit down to watch a TV show start to finish. It seems so quaint now!

P.S. I like Au Revoir Simone, who I am listening to as I comment and email and Twitter.