Thursday, November 13, 2008

life or something like it


I'm breaking my own blog rules. Crazy! I am typing in Georgia instead of the typical Trebuchet. How wild and free of me. Did you know that Georgia and I go way back? When I applied for a job at Scholastic, I chose that font for my cover letter and it happened to be my supervisor's favourite font (she also enjoyed the pink paper that framed my application). In my working world, it's always a good idea to include things that are pink, pretty and a little bit creative.

When I opened this window I didn't mean to type any of the above words. I wanted to write about how proud I am of myself for eating so many vegetables for dinner (so many vegetables that only cost $3.48 at the store down the street!). Asparagus. Broccoli. Sweet Potatoes. Yum yum yum. Those are some good-looking greens (and oranges!). I feel so good I don't even want to uncork the bottle of wine ($14.95!) that I also brought home. AND I felt so good that I wrote my weekly freelance piece THREE DAYS EARLY. This never happens.

I am almost inspired to tackle the mess that is my wardrobe... this is inspiration that is carried over from yesterday when I watched Oprah, which was all about decluttering your space and how the way you treat your home is a reflection of the way you treat yourself and YOUR LIFE. Wow, veggies give me so much energy that I feel inclined to turn on the capslock.

This is such a diary entry. Ha. There's so much positivity in this post that I don't even want to complain about the complaint I had. But if I just can't keep it bottled in, maybe I'll log on late in the night and write an angsty entry about all that is wrong in the world (which won't include vegetables, local vendors or pink&pretty things).

xo. c'est tout. <3

2 comments:

Phronk said...

I could barely make out what this post was trying to say because the font is so wildly different than what I'm used to.

Did Oprah mention anything about your blog font reflecting the state of your life?

lori said...

Oh, maybe she will tomorrow! I'll keep you posted.

My guess? Switching from a sans serif to serif typeface means I'm no longer without. It also means I'm a little bit of a nerd. 0:)