Sunday, August 17, 2008

Endorphins really do make you happy


The worst part about last night was waking up this morning. That's when I felt the not-so-pleasant effects of mixing wine, champagne, cupcakes and dancing.

So after a catch-up brunch with my belle amie and a solo stroll through the city, I decided to punish myself for last night's indulgence. I found some shorts, a T-shirt and my terribly old-school runners and spent 30 minutes doing the run/walk blend. You should know that this is a really big deal because running is really hard. For me. Maybe not for you and that's totally cool. In that case, I'm proud of you. Maybe you could be my coach.

But do you know what happened after my run? I felt better than when the alcohol and sugar were fresh in my system. Nice, eh? And then I decided to create a blog to remember that these little endorphin guys won't let me down. Oh, and my friends won't let me down either. The title of my blog is a text shout-out to one of my nearest and dearest. But I love them all equally. Cross my heart.

hello and xo.

No comments: