Friday, March 26, 2010

Remember that scene...

When Amelie is making dinner all by herself? And she imagines that Nino is coming home to dine with her, and she hears a sound and smiles... but it's just the cat that's making noise?

I kind of feel like Amelie in that moment. Well, just for the last couple of weeks (but no, I don't have a cat). I've been relatively withdrawn and not particularly engaged with any people, places or things. Probably a little bit lonely. Perhaps it's just the month going out like a lamb, or maybe it's a reminder to search for things that pique my interest a little bit more.

I think I'm nostalgic for European getaways and random strolls through Paris, meeting strangers and not quite knowing what's around the corner. See, I always know what's around the corner from my apartment. Well, except I did find out an interesting fella lives just down the street, but but but...who knows.

Well, gotta go. Tonight is all about wine and New York, I Love You. (Sorry, Paris).

xo,

lori

1 comment:

Phronk said...

Awww.

There is certainly something nice about knowing what (and who) is around every corner, though. And about the freedom of making whatever you want for dinner without worrying about Nino.

But also not nice.

Yeah.